Sunday, April 18, 2010

16 Miles, whadda' you get?


Some real sore legs and a puddle of sweat. So another milestone knocked out for the kids yesterday and this one really felt good. John was back in town so it was nice to have my running mate back with me. And Bonnie ran with Tyler again, and they knocked it right out of the park. Bonnie's really hit her stride, and it's great to see.

Another Saturday, and another perfect weather day. The running Gods smiled upon us again. The route was NW Portland and it was good because the route was all mixed up, some trails, neighborhoods, cool areas with shops. John and I kept commenting on how much we were enjoying the route. I felt great, right out the gates. I have this new mindset with my pre-run preparations on Friday night. I am anticipating these long runs, as I am realizing how amazing these weekly accomplishments are, especially for guys like John and I. We are not runners, in that, we run when we have trained for these marathons. In the 2 years since I ran my last marathon, I have run on my own less than 5 times. So when we go out and knock out these long runs, I am absolutely pumped. I knew this week would be my first ice bath, and I actually was happily anticipating it often during my run. And let me tell you, it was everything I hoped it would be. It is unbelievable how much those help.

So John and I finished our run with Jan, and those two both have a gps, and they both had us at 14 miles, two short of our goal. The Coaches thought they could have lost their gps signal in the park, we weren't sure, so we made our way out, to go run two more. Two miles, just 8 laps around the track. It is crazy how little that distance can feel like, and how long it can feel like. It was a very long 2 miles to say the least, but we both finished strong.

The attached picture is of John, Bonnie, myself, and my nip guard band aids. The band aids are a unique brand, they are pink Hello Kitty band aids, compliments of Coach Karl, thanks Coach, they are just so manly...But no bloody nipples for this kid. So in summary, it was a great run, my best long run of the season. We all krushed it. The marathon is less than two months away, so from now on, it's all about nip guards and ice baths baby! Aren't you jealous? Thanks for reading.

http://etools.teamintraining.org/Etools/?ProgramGroup=tnt

Sean

2 comments:

Samuraikou said...

Updates like this inspire me to get back on my weight loss kick. I really did feel so much better when I was in the low 200s. Hopefully once I get everything squared away in my new place I'll jump back on it. Keep workin' hard bud.

Unknown said...

Nice job!!!!