Thursday, March 25, 2010

12, is the magic number

Tuesday:
I finally ran on my own, finally. I was really holding out, I mean it's been almost 2 full months of training, and I have not run on my own once, until today. Tonight Bonnie and I set out to do a 40 minute run. We knew the run would be short, so we pushed. We ran hills and tried to run hard. It was hard, but fun running with just Bonnie, and we both did pretty good.

Wednesday:
Wednesday night is when we do our endurance workouts. Tonight was fun, we met at a pizza place downtown and ran over the bridges of Portland. If you do not live here, you would be impressed with the bridges. There are about 10 of them heading into Portland, and you can run back on forth over them all day. That was our run tonight: run a mile, and then for 15 minutes, run 30 seconds hard & then 30 seconds light, I loved it. Bon & I ran it together, so yes, I kept up with Bonnie. We take on 12 this Saturday, and I know I feel ready. I like the new challenge of the new longest distance run, bring it.

Saturday was a good day for us, just not an easy day at all. The Portland half marathon is in two weeks, and this course we ran was similar to that. Like I was saying last week, you love the fall back (in distance) runs, but the next week it's hard. We did 10, 10 again, 7 last week and 12 this week. That jump from 7 to 12 is hard. The run went pretty good though, it just took everything I had to finish it, same as Bonnie. I did tell John at around mile 7 that I was going to beat Bonnie on this run, he laughed at me. I ran my 12 miles at 9.3 minute miles, which is pretty good for me. Our Coaches were telling us to pull back on speed because we should run slower on longer runs. But it was funny, John and Bonnie and I started off the run with "the fast kids", and I was determined to try to finish with them. We ran with them for about 11 of the 12 miles, not bad. So we didn't finish with them, but I did beat Bonnie. Granted it was by about 5 steps, but you have to take those small victories when you get them. Just the fact that John & I kept up with Bonnie til the end was impressive.

That's about it, good run, logged 12 more, and ready for more. Thanks for reading.

http://pages.teamintraining.org/or/rnr10/ssullivugm


Sean

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats the rose run thats you are doing, i did with you and bonnie !!!right?? What two years ago. Wow allot has changed... Thats when my mom was there cheering us on..I did my 7 mile run good on sat. I saw bluebonnets while i was running and thought of ruth, she said girl you can do this without walking !!! And i did. What a great time my mom and i shared with you.
Now we are doing this for the same reason. Neil and Ruth are smiling up there together!!!