Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Adios amigos



Its kinda late Tues night, the Celts won! And they “beat LA”!Unreal! My computer has been down so I typed this up and saved it to send today, the guy was coming out this morning to fix the problem.

We leave for Anchorage in 2 days for the pinnacle of our journey. This thing was always months away, now it’s just days away. What a journey. Talin is the one to get us all involved in this, I will always be forever grateful to you for that sis! When my dad died it was a life changing experience bc it was the worst experience of my life. But this experience has also changed my life for sure, and not even in a little ways either, where something cool and positive happens to us, and we say, I am gonna change bc I experienced that. And the next day we are right back to whatever we were like. We all do it, its human nature. But this whole experience has changed my life, and my perspective on life. Don’t worry; I am not going to start writing about how, ha! Man I have been long winded at times with this thing eh?

Now onto the marathon, which by the way, all of us are finishing, it is the only option. Injuries and all. It is so funny, how the injuries are just popping up like crazy. I mean it’s funny what is starting to take place. We are the walking wounded, that’s ok though bc it will just be that much sweeter when we finish. And Bon got x-rays on her foot and they are all negative, very nice. Because all everyone is trying to do at this point is get your body so you can just get through the marathon, afterwards, who cares. At least right now who cares. Well the next time I reach out to all of you, I will be a different man. I will be a man that ran a marathon. I am curious to see what that will feel like. I do not like cliché sayings, but this one has run through my mind more than once during my training: Ordinary men can accomplish great things. I feel that sums me up to a T. Think of the crew and I on Saturday morning, I know I will be thinking about all of you guys. I will need to for me to get through the last 6 miles. And the Celtics, I mean wow, what a showing, and what a complete and utter arse kicking! Big Neil gets another championship from title town baby! I wore his ring for the games, Celts owe him..ha! The Truth shall set you free! Oh and Anchorage has no clue what is coming their way this weekend, Anchorage, look the f$#^ out! Brothers McSullivan are a’coming for you! Oh and I had no beers tonight at the bar watching the game, instead I had 2 pitchers of water. Now that’s discipline. Later guys, thanks for reading!

Sean

2 comments:

Run Amok said...

I don't know if you'll get this before you leave - but I will be thinking of you and know that you (all of you ) will do great! Hang in there, do whatever you need to do to finish and be proud! Go Team!

Karl said...

Kick some cancer A$$ !!!
GO TEAM !!!