Tuesday, June 1, 2010

San Diego-Here we come!!!

We are less than a week away from the big dance, oh how the time can fly. Happy Memorial Day to everyone reading. Saturday was our last long distance run, and I couldn't be happier. Not happy to end our TNT experience, but you get to a point as the marathon nears, where you just say "enough already, I am ready!" It is great knowing your training is essentially over, and that the big event you have been training so hard for is just around the corner.

Saturday was an 8 miler, just an 8 miler kids, no big deal. Everyone just calm down, please. The weather was kind of crappy, but not actually raining, just damp and chilly. I told Bonnie if there is one week I did not care what the weather was going to be like, this was the week. We are just tapering down now, the trainings done. John, Bonnie, Kate and I ran together, at least for about 7 of the 8 miles we did. We could all tell Bonnie was feeling it and that she was kind of holding back. Then at mile 7 she said she is gonna "pick it up" because she feels like running hard. So I saw her raise, and I sped it up a bit. Well it didn't take long for me to get winded, so I said bye to babe and slowed it down. Then it hits me, this my last run. I have to catch Bonnie, or at least die trying. I turn to John and Kate and say "you think I can catch Bonnie?" I was off, almost sprinting. I was about 50 yards back from her, but she was not jogging. I dug deep to catch her, and I did catch her right at the end. Bonnie was surprised to see me, I was too. Her and I were fully sprinting at the very end, but of course I held her off for the victory. I am not competitive or anything...

So next Sunday June 6th is the marathon. San Diego has this bad boy starting at 6:30am. Bonnie and I hope to see everyone we can while we are in town. Sunday night Longboards looks like the call.

As we near the end of our marathon training, we also near the end of the blog. I will miss the blog, a lot. And once again, this Team in Training experience has been nothing short of amazing. I always seem to be chatting it up about our phenomenal Coach Karl. Our other Coach is Jenn, and this girl is just unreal. She was due to have her first baby last week. She is as pregnant as pregnant can be. She comes to all of our workouts, and for our Wednesday night track workouts, she's always there, cold rainy nights or shine, doesn't matter. She has been such a great coach and inspiration to all of us.

I look forward to letting you all know how my 2nd marathon goes; wish Bonnie and I luck. This will be her 4th marathon, so she doesn't need as much luck as I do. And I have only had a few people ask me to run on behalf of a family/friend, but we both would love nothing more than to fill up our shirts with names, whether it's a Cancer victim or a Cancer survivor. Thank you again everyone for all of your support throughout, and I will work extremely hard to make you all proud of me. This is an amazing cause, and I am blessed to be a part of it, cheers!

http://pages.teamintraining.org/or/rnr10/ssullivugm

Sean

1 comment:

Unknown said...

See You and Bonnie on Friday !!!!!!!!! XOXO