Saturday, March 29, 2008

ANOTHER LONG RUN DOWN!!!

In honor of the beloved Eminem, we did the 8 mile baby!

This last Saturdays run was a little shorter than last weeks run, and a heck of a lot easier. Last week was the Shamrock at 9.3 miles, this week was another 8 mile run. (I believe our third 8 mile run)It's funny because I am starting to not mind running 8 miles, because I know what is to come. And I was not at the Pub the night before, so I must be learning. Bon and I ran part of the way with Bonnie's new friend with TNT, Cassie. She is a total sweetheart. Her dad passed away just last May of cancer too, May 10th to be exact. So sad, I think he had brain cancer.But Bon kicked butt again, she just rocks it. I did alright, second half was tough for me to get in the rhythm. Sometimes it's there, and sometimes it just ain't.

I am realizing how mental running is, you have to convince yourself that the run is not that bad often, or at least I do. I guess the trick is to get good enough where you don't have to lie to yourself. Thanks for reading, whomever is reading, comments welcome...Next week Bonnie and I take on our first 12 mile endeavor, whoa mama!

Sean

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sully, it's, no doubt mind over matter...you have to keep in mind, ALWAYS, that special rush you get at the end of a long run. I think once you get past the 12 milers it's all about the same. Keep up the good work bro, good luck

tim mcl said...

sulls-

so glad to hear bonnie continues to kick your butt. offer her my sincere congrats for the hard work. as for you, you'll find your rhythm eventually. you're just old. it takes you longer to do things now. love the updates. keeping you two in my prayers.

love,
tim